Trail & Landscape is the OFNC’s regional publication. Four issues per year are produced. In addition to listings of club activities, Trail & Landscape contains reports of interesting field trips and observations, articles on conservation and the natural history of the Ottawa Valley and surrounding region, articles on the OFNC’s business and operations, and more.
Printed copies are free to members, mailed quarterly.
Individual back issues are available for $2/issue, plus shipping fee if mailed.
Volume 51 (2017): available now in PDF format.
Volume 52 (2018) onwards: available in PDF format one year after publication.
The OFNC is working on having the complete set of Trail & Landscape accessible from the Biodiversity Heritage Library. A subset of back issues is already available.
Editor: Annie Bélair
ARTICLES FOR TRAIL & LANDSCAPE
Have you been on an interesting field trip or made some unusual observations? Write up your thoughts and send them to Trail & Landscape.
- Material for the January-March issue must be in the editor’s hands by November 1.
- Material for the April-June issue must be in the editor’s hands by February 1.
- Material for the July-September issue must be in the editor’s hands by May 1.
- Material for the October-December issue must be in the editor’s hands by August 1.
Email your manuscripts to: Annie Bélair, editor
T&L issues and sets with articles of special interest
- Butterflies of the Ottawa District (5 issues) $8*
- Leitrim Road wetlands (4 issues – 3 articles are available on line)
- Reports on the Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas (6 issues)
Individual issues: $2 each*
- Whales & Seals of the Champlain Sea
- Birds of the Marlborough Forest
- Owling in the Ottawa District
- Checklist of the Mammals of the Ottawa District
- Key to Viburnums of the Ottawa District
- Lilliaceae & Smillaceae of the Ottawa District
- Gatineau Park – History, geology, vegetation
- History of Constance Bay Sandhills
- Asters of the Ottawa District and Thoroughworts of the Ottawa District
- Ottawa Mushrooms
- Additions and Annotations to the Checklist of Vascular Plants
- Violets of the Ottawa District
- Rockroses of the Ottawa District
- Avens and Agrimonies of the Ottawa District
- Leitrim – Albion Road Wetlands Biodiversity/Bioblitz
- Petrie Island/Buttercups of the Ottawa District
- Quillworts of the Ottawa District
- Urban Lichens
- Key to Adult Damselflies of the Ottawa District
- Dragons of Morris Island
- The Leopard does not change his Spots
- Checklist of Fishes of the Ottawa District
- Key to Fishes of the National Capital Region
*Plus shipping fee if mailed